***ALL FRESHMEN CCJ MAJORS NEED TO BE ADVISED BY ARTS & SCIENCES ADVISING***
CCJ Advisors provide academic and career advising throughout the academic year. During the month before registration and through the beginning of sophomore registration, advisors only advise for the next semester’s registration. Career and other academic advising appointments should be made outside of the registration advising windows. During the summer, advising is done by the College of Arts & Sciences advisors: https://as.ua.edu/student-services/make-an-appointment/
Registration for Spring 2022 Courses: Advising Peroid
CCJ Department advisors begin advising main campus students for Spring 2022 registration approximately three weeks prior to and throughout the registration period.
- Seniors: Advising appointments for seniors are prioritized October 4th-8th. Seniors graduating during the upcoming 2021-2022 year will be given preference for appointments. Seniors should also make sure they begin the process of applying for graduation through the Office of Registrar during their final year.
- Juniors and Sophomores: Advising appointments for all other students will begin October 11th.
- Freshmen and First-Year Students will be advised by an A&S advisor until their second year at UA. You can make an appointment with A&S here: https://as.ua.edu/student-services/make-an-appointment/
Student Registration Dates/Times
- Registration for Spring 2022 courses begins October 25th
- To view the specific date and time you will be able to register for classes, visit the Registrar’s Office website on or after October 1st.
Students are assigned to an advisor based upon the first letter of their last name. For instance, if your last name is “Smith,” your advisor is Lauren Yearout. Your assigned advisor is the only person authorized to advise you. Please do not contact any advisor other than the person you are assigned to below:
- A-C: Jacob Church: make an appointment
- E-I: Kellin Treadway: make an appointment
- J-O: Doug Klutz: make an appointment
- P-S: Lauren Yearout: make an appointment
- T-Z, D: Christine Field: make an appointment
- Distance Learning Patrick Farris make an appointment
Distance Learning (DL) CCJ Students
If you are a Distance Learning (DL) student, please visit our Distance Learning page for advising and program-specific information.
If you have any advising questions, please contact your advisor or the Undergraduate Director, Dr. Brittany Gilmer at email@example.com.