CCJ Advisors provide academic and career advising throughout the academic year. During the month before registration and through the beginning of sophomore registration, advisors only advise for the next semester’s registration. Career and other academic advising appointments should be made outside of the registration advising windows. During the summer, advising is done by the College of Arts & Sciences advisors:
Fall Advising for Spring 2024 Registration
- Seniors: Advising appointments for seniors begin October 16th, 2023.
- Seniors graduating during the upcoming 2022-2023 year will be given preference during this time.
- Seniors should also begin the process of applying for graduation through the Office of Registrar website during their final year: https://registrar.ua.edu/graduation/
- Juniors: Advising appointments for juniors begin October 23rd, 2023.
- Sophomores: Advising appointments for sophomores begin October 30th, 2023.
- Make-up Advising: Make-up advising appointments begin November 6th, 2023.
All freshman, first-year students, and transfer students must be advised by an A&S advisor. You can make an appointment with A&S Advising here: https://as.ua.edu/student-services/make-an-appointment/
NOTE: Your advisor will have changed this semester. Please read the following carefully.
If you are a Distance Learning student, your advisor is Cheyenne Selby. If you have a Cyber Crime minor, your advisor is Kellin Treadway. All other students are assigned to an advisor based on the first five letters of their last name. For instance, if your last name is “Jones,” your advisor is DeAndré Fields. Your assigned advisor is the only person authorized to advise you and clear your PIN. Please do not contact any advisor other than the person you are assigned to below:
- Distance Learning: Cheyenne Selby – make an appointment
- Cyber Crime minor: Kellin Treadway – make an appointment
- ADAMS, M through CAMPB, T: Patrick Farris – make an appointment
- CAPPO, K through ELLIN, V: Bola Fenny – walk-in: Tuesday/Thursday (8:00AM-9:00AM and 3:30PM-4:30PM)
- ELMOR, W through HENNI, M: Christine Field – make an appointment
- HENSL, C through LOTT, D: DeAndré Fields – make an appointment
- LOUIS, T through OBER, K: Douglas Klutz – walk-in: Mon./Weds./Fri. (7:55AM-8:55AM and 11:00AM-12:00PM)
- OBRYA, M through RUSNA, A: Eric Lake – make an appointment
- RUSSE, C through TAYLO, V: Soojin Lee – make an appointment
- TEAGU, J through ZIRKL, A: Lauren Yearout – make an appointment
Advisors are very busy during registration time. Please make sure to attend your scheduled appointments and expect possible delays in email response times.
Student Registration Dates/Times
- The Spring 2024 registration period begins October 31st, 2023.
- To view the specific date and time you will be able to register for classes, visit the Registrar’s Office website for more information.
Distance Learning (DL) CCJ Students
If you are a Distance Learning (DL) student, please visit our Distance Learning page for advising and program-specific information.