CCJ Advisors provide academic and career advising throughout the academic year. During the month before registration and through the beginning of sophomore registration, advisors only advise for the next semester’s registration. Career and other academic advising appointments should be made outside of the registration advising windows. During the summer, advising is done by the College of Arts & Sciences advisors: https://as.ua.edu/student-services/make-an-appointment/
This page will be updated prior to registration for Spring 2023.
Spring Advising for Summer and Fall 2022 Registration
- Seniors: Registration advising appointments for seniors are prioritized March 2-9. Seniors graduating during the upcoming 2022-2023 year will be given preference during this time. Seniors should also begin the process of applying for graduation through the Office of Registrar website during their final year: https://registrar.ua.edu/graduation/
- Juniors and Sophomores: Advising appointments for juniors and sophomores will begin March 10.
All freshman, first-year students, and transfer students must be advised by an A&S advisor. You can make an appointment with A&S Advising here: https://as.ua.edu/student-services/make-an-appointment/
Students are assigned to an advisor based upon the first letter of their last name. For instance, if your last name is “Jones,” your advisor is Kellin Treadway. Your assigned advisor is the only person authorized to advise you and clear your PIN. Please do not contact any advisor other than the person you are assigned to below:
- B – C : Jacob Church make an appointment
- D – L : Kellin Treadway: make an appointment
- M – Re : Doug Klutz: contact for walk-in advising hours
- Rh – S: Lauren Yearout: make an appointment
- T – Z, A : Christine Field: make an appointment
Advisors are very busy during registration time. Please make sure to attend your scheduled appointments and expect possible delays in email response times.
Student Registration Dates/Times
- The Summer and Fall 2022 registration period begins March 28.
- To view the specific date and time you will be able to register for classes, visit the Registrar’s Office website on or after March 1.
Distance Learning (DL) CCJ Students
If you are a Distance Learning (DL) student, please visit our Distance Learning page for advising and program-specific information.