Skip to content
- Ph.D., Justice, Law & Society, American University, 2008
- M.S., Justice, Law & Society, American University, 2007
- B.A., English, Haverford College, 2002
- Mass shootings and mass murder
- Terrorism and counterterrorism
- Social deviance
- Lankford, A. (2013). The Myth Of Martyrdom: What Really Drives Suicide Bombers, Rampage Shooters, And Other Self-Destructive Killers. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Lankford, A. (2009). Human Killing Machines: Systematic Indoctrination In Iran, Nazi Germany, Al Qaeda, And Abu Ghraib. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
- Lankford, Adam, Adkins, Krista, & Madfis, Eric. (2019). Are the Deadliest Mass Shootings Preventable? An Assessment of Leakage, Information Reported to Law Enforcement, and Firearms Acquisition Prior to Attacks in the United States. Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice, 35(3), 315–341.
- Lankford, Adam. (2019). Confirmation that the United States has Six Times its Global Share of Public Mass Shooters, Courtesy of Lott and Moody’s Data. Econ Journal Watch, 16(1), 69-83.
- Lankford, Adam, & Madfis, Eric. (2018). Media Coverage of Mass Killers: Content, Consequences, and Solutions. American Behavioral Scientist, 62(2), 151-162.
- Lankford, Adam. (2018). A Psychological Re-Examination of Mental Health Problems Among the 9/11 Terrorists. Studies in Conflict & Terrorism, 41(11), 875-898.
- Lankford, Adam. (2016). Public Mass Shooters and Firearms: A Cross-National Study of 171 Countries. Violence and Victims, 31(2), 187-199.